Physical Education National 5
Pupils will study the factors that impact on performance in physical activities. Pupils will develop movement and performance skills in a range of physical activities.
All pupils who choose to take National 5 PE will be expected to:
• Take an active part in every lesson, irrespective of the physical activity
• Be prepared to work complete weekly written work in class and as homework
Factors Impacting on Performance
• Pupils develop knowledge and understanding of the factors that impact on performance in physical activities
• Pupils acquire an understanding of how to plan, monitor, record and evaluate the process of performance development
• Pupils develop their ability to demonstrate a broad and comprehensive range of complex movement and performance skills through a range of physical activities
• Pupils learn how to select, use, demonstrate and adapt these skills
• Pupils develop control and fluency during movement
The course assessment has two components.
|Component 1 -
|60||50% of overall grade||Approximately August-March (ongoing)
Section 1 - completed under a high degree of supervision and control
Section 2 - completed under some supervision and control
|Component 2 -
|60||50% of overall grade|
The grade is awarded based on the total marks achieved across all course assessment components.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for pupils who have an interest in developing performance skills. It is particularly appropriate for pupils who would like to enhance their performance and develop their understanding of factors that impact on performance.
Pupils considering studying National 5 PE would preferably have excelled in the S3 Elective Course. Pupils in S3 will have shown a commitment to developing their performance skills and fully engaging in written tasks.
It is recommended that National 5 PE pupils are regularly participating in competitive sport out with school.
• Higher Physical Education Course
• Other qualifications in Physical Education related areas. For example, Community Sports Leader Award, Exercise and Fitness Leadership.
• Further study, employment and/or training.