For History National 4 and National 5, pupils will study 3 topics, these will include:
Migration and empire, 1830–1939
- Immigration to Scotland, 1830s–1939
- Experience of immigrants to Scotland, 1880s–1939
- Scottish emigration, 1830s–1939
- Experience of Scots abroad, 1830s–1939
European and World Topic
Hitler & Nazi Germany, 1919-1939
- Weimar Germany
- Nazi Rise to Power
- Nazi Control
- Nazi Social & Economic Policies
Changing Britain, 1760-1914
- Health & Housing
- Industry - textiles & mining
- Transport - canals & railways
- § The Pressure for Democratic Change
- One exam, 2 hours 20 minutes, 80 marks
- N5- Assignment, 1 hour, marked externally
National 3 and 4 have no external exam. Pupils will, however, have to pass all National 4 Unit Assessments as well as the ‘Added Value’ unit to gain an award. Pupils will receive a pass or fail for the year.
Analysis, evaluation, source-handling, research, taking notes, developing arguments, extended writing and more.
Common Career/Study Paths
Humanities, social sciences, law and languages, education, law, management, public administration etc.